I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

21 August 2010

I Think I Love You!


The internet is an amazing tool. I sit in my living room and listen to a radio broadcast originating more than 500 miles away. Listening to Allen on Jukebox Saturday Night, I remember my teenaged years when one of our favorite things to do was call in to the radio station and request a song, or just talk to the DJ (who we just KNEW was adorable).

Jukebox Saturday Night is one of my favorite radio shows because the music reminds me of a time in my life when worries were few. While I like most types of music, oldies nearly always make me smile. One of my favorite songs may not qualify as an "oldie" (according to Wikipedia, an oldie is a radio format that focuses on songs from 15 to 55 years before the present day) ... although using that range, it certainly qualifies!

I can hardly believe that it was nearly 4o years ago when David Cassidy came across the tv screen and caused my little 6 year old heart to go pitter patter ... 1970! When The Partridge Family premiered in September 1970, oldest "son" David Cassidy was the lead singer of the fictional Partridge Family. Even now, I can still hear those perky words ... of course, he was singing straight to me ... and millions of other young girls!

Think about the song for a moment. On the surface, it is a song about a young man who is afraid to commit himself to a "love there is no cure for." Who wants to be cured of loving someone? I certainly don't! You could interpret these lyrics so many ways ...

I'm sleeping, and right in the middle of a good dream
When all at once I wake up
From something that keeps knockin' at my brain
Before I go insane
I hold my pillow to my head
Spring up in my bed, screaming out the words I dread
I think I love you!

What if our realization of Jesus' love were this way? A sudden revelation can be scary!

This morning
I woke up with this feeling
I didn't know how to deal with
And so I just decided to myself
I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it
And didn't I go and shout it
When you walked into the room
I think I love you!

Do you remember the new days of your love for Jesus? Were you afraid to share? Did you consider not talking about it and keeping it all to yourself? His love fills you up so, that it is difficult NOT to share!! That is one of the beautiful things about it! The song goes on, and then says:

I don't know what I'm up against
I don't know what it's all about
I got so much to think about

As a new believer, there is so much to think about. So much to absorb! The wonder of it is that you are never alone ... share Jesus' love! You may never know just how much of a gift you give someone else by doing so. The only change? There is no "I think" about it ... I KNOW I love Jesus!

Jesus, thank you once more for the blessings you have given, and that you continue to lay upon me. Please help me to be worthy. Give me the voice so that I may share, and that in doing so, be able to touch others with the wonder of your love.

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." ~Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment