I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

17 March 2009

Cause for Celebration

There are many things in our lives that we view as cause for celebration. One of the more universal celebrations is that of a wedding. What is a wedding? Defined, it is the legal joining of two people in the union of holy matrimony. Weddings can range from a couple in front of the justice of the peace to a multimillion dollar event publicized worldwide. Regardless of the extent of the ceremony, the end result is the same: two become one. (written 26 Feb 2009)

Today, I ordered my wedding dress. While this may not seem like a major event for some, those who know me well truly understand my aversion to shopping for myself ... even for my own wedding. There are time constraints, however, and since I'm not exactly a size 4 off the rack kinda female, I had to break down and find a dress so it could be ordered if necessary, delivered in a timely fashion, and altered if need be. With that goal in mind, I headed today to Jim Massey. No particular reason for starting there today, other than the fact that the personnel in the store were extremely nice the previous times I had dashed in there to briefly look at what they might have available.

Believe it or not, it only took about 4 or 5 dresses for me to find "the one." It is not a wedding gown, rather a bridesmaid dress, and is of such a style that I will be able to wear it again. I do not in any way want to lessen the importance of this dress or this day ... but the fact remains that this is not my first wedding, and at my age, I want something I can wear again! Wearing my wedding dress again will only serve as a reminder of what a wonderful day it was!!

I write on this topic simply because I feel as if I have been truly blessed with the man who will in 128 days become my husband. We have differing opinions on some things of course, but for the important things, we see eye-to-eye. The celebration of friends and family will take place on July 4th ... and we both find it quite appropriate that on the day that our great nation celebrates its independence, we will join our lives as one.

God, thank you for the blessing that you sent to me in Rob. May your hand continue to guide our lives, and direct us as you would have us go.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment