I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

17 March 2009

A Little Hard Work and A Lotta Faith

My years as a restaurant manager blessed me with the opportunity to meet and get to know many wonderful people. One person that I met several years ago has touched my life in ways she does not even realize. This amazing woman is truly a blessing, and I feel honored to know her. Cricket, keep singing!! (written 1 Oct 2008)

I will admit that when I first met Cricket Lee, I had no idea who she was. I had heard her name, and knew that she was a gospel singer from Dothan, but that was it. Several of my employees knew, and told me about her music. As I came to know both Cricket and Dennis, I realized just what a warm and wonderful couple they are. Cricket's music goes straight to my heart, opening it and flooding me with warmth, wonder, and a renewed hope and happiness.

I write this today because of a chance encounter. Why chance? Those who know me know that I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I do not think it was just by "chance" that I happened to run into Cricket and Dennis in WalMart a couple of weekends ago. We spoke briefly, and Cricket told me that she had a new CD out.

"Just Stand" is in the CD player of my car, where it's been since that afternoon when I got off work. I have flipped through the tracks, listened to the whole CD, returned to tracks that are already favorites, and have nearly memorized several songs that seem to be sung just for me and my life as it is right now. All I can say is WOW.

Once more, I have to admit my ignorance. I do not know Kenna West, but there are two songs on this CD that immediately jumped out and hit me. "It Takes Faith" and "I Trust the Hands." All I can say is listen, hear, and believe.

A small sampling of "It Takes Faith":

It takes both
a little hard work
and a lotta faith
You gotta have both
a little of what you do
mixed together with what you say
It's not just believing and receiving
everything from the Father's hand
It's getting up and going
at His command

That's right .... JUST DO IT (apologies to Nike).

Every day, one day at a time. Have faith, work hard, believe. You CAN do it. I believe in me ... and I believe in you, too. With that, we can both go far. Have a blessed and beautiful day!

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done." ~Matthew 21:21 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment