I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

17 March 2009

A Simple Request


For those of you who have given me your support and encouragement over the past year or so, I just want you to know that I greatly appreciate it! I know that the devotions have been lax lately, and I just wanted to let you know that they will be returning!!! (written 8 Aug 2008)

Today's request is just that: a request. Please keep my daughter, Nikki, in your thoughts and prayers. She departed Fort Drum NY on Tuesday headed to Baghdad (yes, Iraq) for tour #2. As most of you know, my mom and I will be keeping the baby (my granddaughter Samantha) while she is deployed. She is a little angel who looks so very much like her mommy as a baby that sometimes it is difficult to remember that mommy is an adult!

Please remember that Nikki, along with her father Jon and step mom Rebecca (who depart NY in Oct for their tour #2), as well as every other serviceman and servicewoman, is the reason we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we sometimes take for granted. Keep all our men and women in your prayers, and thank them for all they do for us!!

Thanks again for everything ... and if you need me, regardless of time or reason, I am here

No comments:

Post a Comment