I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

Be Thankful

Christmas Day is almost upon us once again. Remember when you were a kid and it seemed as if Christmas would NEVER get here? Now that I am an adult, it seems as if the time flies by. Just a short year ago, I was planning the trip to Germany for the birth of my granddaughter. In just over two weeks, Samantha will be a year old ... where did the time go? (written 20 Dec 07)

Yesterday mama and I were talking, I don't even really remember what about, and somehow we got on the subject of being thankful for what we had. Instead of complaining about what I don't have, I try very hard to give thanks for the many blessings in my life. I don't always succeed, and yes, there are those moments when I look around and think to myself "why can't I be that lucky"? The thought usually passes rather rapidly, because I have to say that I am blessed. How can I complain when I have so much to be thankful for?

I have a good job, a wonderful family and friends who love me just the way I am, a house to live in and a car to drive. My children are healthy and happy, and so is my beautiful granddaughter. Daddy and my grandparents are all gone now, but I have the joy of knowing that while they were alive, I was loved without reservation. While I don't have much extra money, I also don't wonder where my next meal is coming from. I may look forward to payday, but at least I have one to anticipate!

God has blessed my life in so many ways, and there is no more appropriate time of year to give thanks for those blessings. Each of us has our own blessings to thank God for. He is there for us 24/7/365. He never closes, and you don't have to wait in line to pray. When you think of all the things that you do in the course of your daily routine that DO require you to wait in line, be thankful for the one stress relief that doesn't require you to wait!

Today, we had a mini-family lunch at Blue Plate. Mama, Aunt Mary, myself, Melanie, Michelle, Donna and Dustin all met up on a spur of the moment thing. Uncle Dudley is having surgery today at Flowers to put a rod in his leg because of the cancer. It is in the hands of Dr. DeHaven, and I pray that God will guide Him through this surgery, and bring Uncle Dudley over yet another hurdle. Please add Uncle Dudley (Hall) to your prayer list and ask that if it is God's will that we be blessed with having him for many more years to come.

I realize that the devotions have been rather sporadic of late, and for that I apologize. It is my hope and goal for 2008 to make it daily, not just Monday through Friday. I am also hoping after the first of the year to publish a devotion book, similar to the one Allen just recently published.

God, thank you for blessing me. May I never take your blessings for granted.

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."~John 1:16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment