I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

Holding On for Dear Life

In the song "Why Me, Lord" Kris Kristofferson growls out questions to Jesus. He asks "what have I ever done, to deserve even one, of the pleasures I've known?" Today was one of those days when I was asking myself many of the same questions. (written 7 Nov 07)

The final portion of the lyrics is a profession of faith. "Maybe Lord, I can show someone else, what I've been through myself, on my way back to You." I have wondered at times why the drive to write these devotions is so strong. It truly is as if I feel and hear the Lord speaking through me, telling me to get the words out. I have to share my struggles in my walk with Him, for there may be someone out there who is struggling just as I am.

I feel so very fortunate that Jesus doesn't require us to be perfect! Can you imagine how small the crowd in Heaven would be? He takes us as we are, provided we ask Him into our heart and believe. He knows every bump in the road I've traveled. Fortunately for me, I cannot see the bumps ahead. Jesus can see them, however, and I know that He is my GPS and navigator.

Days like today are going to come, tears flowing hot and free. I am going to question the necessity of my existence. He assures me that this, too, shall pass. When I think I am at the end of my rope, He encourages me to tie a knot and hang on. When my knot comes unraveled, and it seems I am hanging by a thread, He is my safety net.

Jesus, I wish I was stronger. I trust your plan for me, and am trying to understand. Help me to be a stronger person in You.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:"~Psalms 103:1-2 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment