I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

Sometimes, You Just Gotta ...

California's burning, and Britney had her visitation rights restored. A dad comes home from Iraq to find his baby girl missing. Someone found a piece of art in the trash (the trash!!) and its estimated worth is in the millions. J Lo is having twins, and Halle Berry is pregnant as well. It looks more every day like there is a good chance we'll have a Clinton on the presidential ticket once again. (written 26 Oct 07)

Far be it from me to deny the public's right to know, but surely I'm not the ONLY person who just gets tired of the constant bombardment! What are the odds we could print a "good news" paper? Would we find enough material to fill its pages? Would it find an audience?

Sometimes, you just have to say no to the input! Is the world going to stop turning if you turn off the television? I promise you, it won't (just ask my kids). Would conversation falter at the dinner table if you didn't have "current events" to talk about? When was the last time you prefaced a conversation with the question "Tell me something GOOD that happened today," or "Name one way you helped someone today." Could you even honestly answer?

I will be the first to admit that I have my moments of negativity. Some days, it feels as if my whole day is FULL of negativity. It is a battle that I constantly fight, struggling to overcome the darkness with the positivity of light. Am I having a bad day? Maybe so, by my standards. BUT ... look at what I have to be thankful for! I have a roof over my head, a good job, and loving family and friends. My vehicle isn't in perfect condition, but it's mine (well, for a few more months I share it with GMAC) and it runs well and gets great gas mileage. Other than a few twinges now and then, I'm relatively healthy. My children and grandchild are happy and healthy, and all doing well. God has blessed me in so many ways!!! How dare I complain?? Instead of thinking of and focusing on what I do not have, I must remember what I DO have.

God, thank you for the many blessings you have given me throughout my life. I thank you for your guidance as I walk with you. May I never cease praising your holy name!

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."~Psalm 91:14-16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment