I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

Just One of Those Days

I had a feeling that my day was not going to go well when I woke up this morning. Have you ever had a day like that? Knowing that my paycheck should have been deposited last night, I called the bank this morning to check my balance. Imagine my surprise when I discovered a balance that was less than I expected! (written 1 Nov 07)

The bank was my first stop after I left the house, where I requested a printout and discovered just what the problem was. I'm not happy about it, but at least I know what happened! Next stop was Dr. Hall's office (which should have been Tuesday, but I overslept). I had already driven almost to Golden Corral before I realized that I should have turned left on Wesley Way. I backtracked, because today's visit was not only a weekly visit but also an interview to gather the information that I need for my informative speech next week.

I left his office in plenty of time to make it to class without being late. Unfortunately, my fellow drivers did not agree with that idea. I pulled into campus and parked, then scurried across to the science building to find that the lecture had just begun. I hurriedly pulling my books and pens from my bag and struggled to catch up on the notes. A brief moment of looking around gave me that sinking feeling ... I had forgotten to go to the library and print the lab notes needed for class! Fortunately, we spent a little longer on lecture than intended for today and postponed lab until Monday.

Was this a typical day? Some days I'd say yes, some days I'd say no. I am blessed to have an awesome support system called God and prayer. It is days like today when I pray almost without ceasing, lest something come out of my mouth that I regret. When I feel flustered and like I'm running on a short leash, there are times when I feel myself perilously close to snapping. It is then that I feel the gentle but loving hand of my God reining me in.

God, thank you for blessing me with your support. Help me to stop and think before I speak. Give me the strength to weather the stressful times and peace to enjoy the serene times.

"Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer."~Psalm 4:1 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment