I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

31 January 2009

Celebration

Today is the fourth day of the new calendar year. My brother and sister-in-law celebrated their 28th anniversary today, and that made me think about how wonderful it would be if each day were a celebration! If you look at it positively, each day is SOMEONE'S birthday or anniversary, a holiday, a vacation, a milestone in some way. In keeping with my resolve to make the most of each day I'm given, I am seeking the good as 2008 passes. If you have a milestone or event that you want me to share with our readers, feel free to email me and we'll share your celebration with you! (written 4 Jan 2008)

Remember when birthday parties were a big deal - the presents, the friends, the cake and ice cream? In our immediate family, birthdays tended to be more of a family celebration than a party and I have tried to continue that tradition with my own children - allowing them to choose the meal, cake of their choice, just generally trying to make the day theirs. Why does that have to be limited to birthdays?

On Tuesday, New Year's Day, our lunch was southern traditional. I cooked black-eyed peas, rice and cornbread (with some pork chops) and made some coleslaw since I don't particularly care for greens. Whether or not it's our favorite meal, we always have some variation of that on New Year's Day. As your year progresses, look for reasons to celebrate!

One of the best reasons I can think of to celebrate is the fact that believing in Jesus and accepting Him as your savior changes your life. Deciding to live life for Him makes every day an occasion worth shouting about! What better reason to be happy than knowing that even the end of your life on Earth does not mean an end, but instead the beginning of eternity in Heaven? Decide that each day will be a celebration of life - life in Jesus. It is definitely a celebration to know that you will be with Him forever!

Jesus, thank you for giving me the gift of eternal life. May I celebrate each day from you as the gift that it is, and share your love with everyone by living for you.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."~Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment