I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

The Life You Make

Winston Churchill is credited with saying "You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." We cannot always change, or we may not want to change, the way we make a living. The life you make, however, is completely up to you. What are YOU giving? (written 25 Oct 07)

Over the years, I have made my living by working construction, working for a CPA, and working in restaurant management. Currently, I am a full-time student (changing career fields) and work full-time in emergency registration. I am in the process of changing the way I make a living ... and also changing my life.

When I accepted Christ as my savior at the ripe old age of 9, life was so simple! God was everywhere and everything. There was nothing to question at that time ... life was good. I had everything I needed, most of what I wanted, and none of the responsibility that goes along with it! Turning my life over to Christ at age 43 was slightly different.

As a child, I had faith. I may not have categorized it as "faith," but faith it was. I didn't question the way things were, they just were. As an adult, faith can sometimes be more difficult. If you have strayed from the path of Christ, getting back onto it can be the simplest thing you ever do and the most complicated at the same time. There is no easier way to change your eternal life than to ask Christ into your life and believe that He is your savior. Only you can make that decision ... only you can change your life. Do you want to known for what you have ... or what you give?

God, thank you for allowing me to give. Make me an example! Help me live each day to help others, because by doing so I am helping myself grow into the person you would have me be. Thank you for the wonder of faith!

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."~Micah 6:8 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment