I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

19 January 2009

Never Alone

Close your eyes and visualize a three-year-old. As a general rule, the majority of children that age are far shorter than your average adult. NOW, visualize that same child standing alone in the middle of WalMart the day after Thanksgiving. (written 4 Sep 07)

Imagine the fear going through the mind of that child as he searches legs and hips for a shape that resembles mommy or daddy. Picture that same WalMart, same day, as an adult. You are reaching for that oh-so-important-gotta-have-it item that coaxed you from your bed to get to the store with the madding crowds well before sunrise. The crush of bodies surrounding you reminds you that everyone else wants the same item! The smaller the space that people crowd into, the more isolated and alone we can feel.

How do you deal with the feeling of isolation? How do you handle "alone" time? Do you use down time to reflect on God's plan for your life? Do you find yourself sinking in fear ... much as a stranded three-year-old might? Remember that through it all, God is only a whisper away. You need not even reach out a hand, just ask and believe.

When the walls of isolation threaten to overcome, remember that God is there. You are NEVER ALONE. God is with you in all things, and will never hesitate to give you the tools you need to find your way. Note the word give.

Nutshell comparison: leaning on the strength of God to survive, taking the hand of God to walk, is like a walk through WalMart where anything you need is free if you only ask. The catch? You have to ask. God gives, and gives to us freely, His unending love and support. We need never walk alone ... God is beside us, inside us, and all around.

Thank you, God, for being my support system. Thank you for giving me the realization that I am no longer alone ... I am never alone, thanks to your love.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me ... Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." ~Psalm 23:4,6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment