I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

Channeling the Energy

For the past three days, I've been at Dr. Hall's office before school. My lower back is so "messed up" (my terminology) by being "out of alignment" (his terminology) that it is causing serious pain in other areas of my body. This pain is concentrated primarily in the left side of my neck, making it difficult to do just about anything in the course of a normal day! A stumble on Tuesday evening caused my neck to snap forward, and the pain nearly brought me to my knees. Rather appropriate, wouldn't you say? (written 27 Sep 07)

With chiropractic, as with any professional you choose to utilize, it is very important to find a practitioner that you are comfortable with. My criteria for choosing a doctor is simple. I have to feel as if I am important to him as a patient! I don't by any means think that I am my doctor's only patient, and I know that there are others he treats that may need far more specialized treatment than I. Conversely, I don't want to feel as if I'm just a copay. A doctor who doesn't take the time to listen to me, and who doesn't take the time to explain answers, won't be my caregiver for very long. Neither my primary care physician nor my chiropractor treat me as just another patient, both of them know my history and utilize that when directing my care. They both make sure that I am involved in my treatment.

Whether you are a new Christian or a believer of many years, God wants you to be as involved in your growth as He is! To Him, I am not just another child, I am Denise. I'm not a number, I'm a name! Just as an earthly practitioner directs treatment to correct or maintain a healthy physical body, the master practitioner guides the treatment for our spiritual self. When my soul is aching, God gives me the remedy to ease that pain. Any remedy I may need is found in His word, and He patiently directs my sight to where I should be. The benefit of treatment from the master practitioner is that I can visit Him multiple times daily ... free of charge!! The only cost I ever paid was the energy required to utter the words "Dear Jesus, please come into my life and be with me always. I believe in you and want to live with you forever. Amen." It can be even simpler than that! God doesn't require a dissertation, nor does he require lengthy application forms. Simply ask, and believe!

One treatment at a time, Dr. Hall will alleviate the physical pain. One prayer at a time, God will alleviate my spiritual pain. I have a standing appointment, and I can speak with Him anytime, anywhere. God, thank you for giving me my physical health. Thank you for blessing me with the ability to express my feelings and thoughts. May I never fail to recommend your healing treatment!

"On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." ~Matthew 9:12 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment