I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

19 January 2009

Let Go, Let God

Have you ever felt like you were beating your head against a brick wall? Like no matter what you do or say, you cannot change anything? No matter what you do or say, things will not turn out the way you want them to? (written 15 July 07)

Only recently have I come to realize that sometimes things work out the way they do because they are supposed to be that way. It doesn't matter what I wanted, or even expected, that particular result was destined to be. Before you scratch your head in puzzlement (like I have been known to do), let me see if I can explain.

If you knew my grandfather, you would have known one of the most calm individuals ever to walk the face of the earth. He was indeed a living example of the phrase "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." He was not one to anger easily, but was even-tempered and just. I often wondered, growing up, how he got so calm. I never asked him, but I can almost hear his response, should I have done so: "Sugar pie, you just do what is right and let God take care of the rest."

What a simple phrase: "let God take care of the rest". What a powerful punch it packs. You know what's right, you know what's wrong. Don't concern yourself with wrongs you cannot correct, you just do what is right. God will take care of the rest. What a burden-lifting moment! "Let go, let God." Whoever penned that phrase must have experienced it first hand!

As I grow daily in my walk with God, I am learning more and more to let go. He will never leave me, nor forsake me ... how much more of a safety net can you possibly have? Thank you, Lord, for standing beside me and walking with me on my journey of learning. Thank you for holding my hand, healing my heart, and opening my eyes.

"Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most high, thy habitation; There shall be no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." ~Psalm 91:9-11KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment