I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

20 January 2009

In Search of Inner Peace

Do you have those days when nothing goes right? When you are mad at the world? When it seems that no matter how hard you try, everything that happens is bad? You feel as if you are on the edge of happiness, only to have everything collapse around you? What do you do? (written 29 Oct 07)

When you wake in the morning with your eyes mattered shut and blindly search for your glasses because you can't bear the thought of contacts, do you ever want to go back to bed and say "forget it!"? What about the day you hit the snooze "just one more time", and oversleep? What causes the restless nights where you toss and turn for hours, never quite falling asleep? It may be more than physical; it may be mental and emotional as well.

Since renewing my walk with Christ a few months ago, I have had days where it seems as if I was struggling harder than I did before I made the decision to turn my life over to Him. There have been many restless nights, with exhausting days that follow. Some mornings, I have to convince myself that it is worth it to get out of bed! I truly believe that He has made my life easier ... but along with the peace of knowing that He will handle any problem, comes the realization that there are still decisions that I must make. Every day, I make the conscious choice to turn every problem over to Him. I am very aware that He is with me, but I also struggle at times with the "blind faith." I do not doubt that my God has the ability to do anything at all, I am just relearning how to trust His power. With just a whisper He can calm me as nothing else can.

Lord, open my eyes so I can clearly see your magnificence and understand your awesome power. Make me into the woman you would have me be. Let my every action be a blessing to others, so that they can see you in me. Thank you for your eternal grace and forgiveness!

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment