I Blog For Books

WestBow Press

19 January 2009

Faith

Sometimes I wonder if I think TOO much. Instead of constantly running scenarios through my head, asking myself "what if?", or agonizing over decisions, I need to step out into faith. Reality is that GOD has never let me down ... the only person who has .. is me. (written 13 July 07)

Faith is a funny thing. You either have it, or you don't. We could expand that to many things, but I just want to focus on faith in God and His power. In the fast-paced, "I want it all and I want it NOW" society we live in, there are far too many who scoff at things like faith. What IS faith, and why should I have it? Dictionary.com has more than one definition for faith. One shown is: belief that is not based on proof. No, don't like that one. There is proof all around us that God exists, so that particular definition just doesn't work for me. I prefer this one: confidence or trust in a person or thing. Now don't misunderstand me, I am by no stretch of the imagination calling God a "person or thing". To me, however, confidence in or trust in works.

I wish I was stronger in my faith than I am. It is going to take prayer, studying, fellowship with others, and yes, even faith to make it grow. I BELIEVE IT WILL! There is no doubt in my mind that God has a plan for me, and I believe that He is preparing me for that plan right now. Do I know what God's plan is? Not yet. When He is ready for me to know, He will tell me. I have faith in that. I have confidence in the power of my God to make anything happen, and trust in Him to guide me where I need to go. Lord, make me what you want and need me to be.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment